If you’re looking to hire a writer, you’ll want someone who is going to produce fantastic, attention-grabbing copy.
With so many writers out there, how do you ensure you choose the best writer for the job?
Here are some tips to help you make the right choice:
* Do you need a writer with knowledge in certain subject areas (such as health or finance)? Take into consideration the level of expertise needed. Although great copy is often the result of diligent research, you may need a specialist writer with specific experiential expertise.
* Keep in mind that glowing qualifications are helpful, but they don’t always make a good writer. Take into account the writer’s experience.
* Ask the writer for samples of their work to guage style and quality of writing.
* Offer a reasonable fee! If you want the best writer for the job, pay a reasonable rate for their skills, experience, and time.
* If you advertise for a writer, make sure your advert states exactly what you’ll need. If you’re expecting the writer to understand key words for Search Engine Optimization, make sure your advert states this.
* Can’t decide? Ask your shortlisted writers to write a succinct example of writing based on your brief to see if they produce what you require.